United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia, Inc.
United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia, Inc. ensures that individuals who have disabilities within our care live a "Life without Limits"! Founded by individuals who cared about the quality of life for people with cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities, UCP of Georgia has, for over 50 years, improved the quality of life for individuals with disabilities and their families. UCP of Georgia provides services and programs for adults with disabilities addressing physical and health needs, encouraging their educational development and offering opportunities for true integration into the community. The organization has an annual budget of $22m and a staff of 600 employees who are committed to the mission of the organization. United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia is an affiliate of United Cerebral Palsy Associations, Inc., a national organization recognized for quality services, and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
Would you like to work for a company that makes a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities every day? If so, United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia (UCP) is the place for you!
At UCP our individuals with disabilities are our most valuable asset – we put them first! We are inspired, optimistic, committed, and believe that a life without limits is the most important aspect of anyone’s experience. Our successes solely depend on our employees who believe in leadership at every level, are committed to a good to great mindset, and most importantly FUN!
We are looking for a Senior Home Manager II for the Savannah, GA area.
The Senior Home Manager II (Savannah, GA) will be responsible for training and supporting 4-8 individuals (2 separate residential locations) who have intellectual and/or physical disabilities in a group living or 1:1 residential setting. Manages the all of the Community Living Coaches, administrative duties, payroll, performance evaluations, assists with the self-administration of medications, daily living skills, lifting/transferring and transporting to/from day programs and community activities. This is a full-time, salaried position.
I. Training/Program Responsibilities:
- A. Implements activities as coordinated by Consumer Support team which reflect training objectives in each individual’s service plan.
- B. Ensure that each resident is engaged in activities of choice, which reinforces ISP goals and are person centered.
- C. Promptly reports any emergency/crisis situation to supervisor and complies with internal and external reporting requirements.
- D. Coordinates transportation and supervision for residents as dictated by individual program.
II. Responsibilities Relating to Health and Safety
- A. Utilizing monthly site visit tool, inspects home to ensure that home meets all safety requirements, checking for clutter and dangerous objects,.
- B. Corrects deficiencies and submits written reports as required by internal guidelines.
- C. Ensures evacuation drills, both fire and severe weather; records results of each drill are done per standards and licensure requirements
- D. Follow program plan for meeting all potential emergencies and disasters, such as medical, fire, severe weather and missing persons. Discusses with Consumer Support team specific role relating to each emergency.
III. Administrative Responsibilities
- A. Ensures compliance in the area of responsibility during assigned hours with local, state and federal rules and regulations applying to Community Living Arrangement and UCP Community Living Services.
- B. Ensures compliance with the organization policies and procedures governing the use of behavior management programs for controlling maladaptive or problem behavior.
- C. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures to ensure that confidentiality requirements are upheld.
- D. Supports and protects the fundamental human, civil, constitutional and statutory rights of clients and families as defined by agency.
Minimally qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a closely related field. Additionally, previous 1 year experience is required. Please include your salary history and requirements in your letter of interest for the position. UCP offers a competitive salary & full benefits including health & dental benefits, a 403b retirement plan, company paid life insurance and vacation package. The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and pass drug and background checks. UCPGA is an EOE&DFWP employer.
Full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package to include but not limited to health & dental insurance, 403b retirement account, company paid life insurance and leave time.
Must have a valid driver’s license, experience working with Microsoft systems, pass drug test and background check. United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia is an equal employment opportunity and drug free workplace employer.
Please apply for the position via the company website www.ucpga.org using the Careers tab.