Well-established Arizona based provider of support services to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities in residential, day program and employment settings seeks a qualified, experienced Director for the Greater Phoenix area. The Director ensures quality of services and compliance with State and Federal regulations and contractual terms. Major duties and functions include:
- Overseeing admission, progress and discharge of participants;
- Negotiating contracts, preparing and submitting RFP’s to obtain funding and expand current programs;
- Serving as a resource for staff on behavioral treatment plans, preparation for licensing visits and monitoring, etc.
- Supervising a team of managers who are responsible for day-to-day service delivery at sites;
- Maintaining a cooperative working relationship with State agencies;
- Actively pursuing opportunities for business development in assigned area;
- Preparing and managing a budget within assigned parameters;
- Developing professional growth of managers, coaching them for success;
- Identifying deficiencies in systems and procedures and recommending appropriate corrective action.
- Assisting with legislative advocacy.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate commitment to excellence in supporting people with developmental disabilities as well as possession of outstanding interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Business or Healthcare Administration, or a related field plus four years of progressively responsible experience in residential and/or community programs for individuals with I/DD, of which two years must have been in a supervisory or management role. An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be an acceptable substitute.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of applicable funding sources.
- Knowledge of budgeting processes and ability to read and interpret financial reports to determine if revenue and expenditures are meeting targets.
- Skill in identifying opportunities for business development in alignment with the company’s vision and strategic plan.
- Solid understanding of effective principles and practices of supervising employees and the ability to effectively apply these principles to direct reports in support of a collegial, customer-focused and competent work unit.
- Ability to form and maintain effective professional relationships with State and Federal agencies and funding sources.
- Ability to successfully clear all required background checks.
Submit a current resume, cover letter and contact information to DDopportunityAZ@gmail.com. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.