On April 6, Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) distributed several fact sheets discussing what he characterized as "efforts by the Trump Administration and Congressional Republicans [to] undermine laws and dismantle programs in ways that will harm our most vulnerable citizens, particularly older adults and individuals with disabilities." The fact sheets and descriptions by Sen. Casey are below:
- How Trump’s budget blueprint would eliminate or significantly undermine programs that are vital to older Americans;
- How the Affordable Care Act benefits Americans age 50 to 64;
- How the Republicans’ American Health Care Act would have hurt older Americans in each state;
- The critical role of Medicaid in providing home and community-based care for older Americans and in supporting nursing home services; and
- The detrimental effect Trump’s budget blueprint would have on Americans with disabilities.