On March 19, the National Association of Medicaid Directors released a report describing a number of concrete opportunities to improve Medicaid program integrity efforts.
The report notes that the lack of clear roles for the state and federal government leads to redundancy and duplication of efforts and recommends the following:
- That roles of the state and federal governments be clarified,
- That collaboration and communication between Medicare and Medicaid be improved,
- That resources invested be better tailored to unique state Medicaid programs,
- That certain programs be streamlined or combined, and
- That access to data be improved.