"Medicaid and Employment Opportunities:
CMS Information Bulletin on Waiver Guidance"
October 17, 2011
1:00 p.m. EDT
With all of the fancy jargon thrown around, it may be challenging to decipher exactly what communications from the Centers from Medicare and Medicaid Services mean-especially how it affects you.
We're here to help.
On September 16,theCenters for Medicare andMedicaid Servicesissued an informational bulletin to clarify existingCMS guidance on 1915c waiversregarding employment and employment-related services.
While highlighting competitive employment, the bulletin discusses the role person-centered planning plays in ensuring the out come desired by the individual supported is achieved.
In response, ANCOR and ACCSES are joining together for a webinar on October 17 at 1:00 p.m. EDT to ensure that members are informed on what the bulletin means for them as providers and for their states.
Note the following highlights of the bulletin:
- It modifies both the prevocational services and supported employment definitions to clarify that volunteer work and other activities that are not paid, integrated community employment are appropriately described in pre-vocational, not supported employment services.
- It explains that pre-vocational services are not an end point, but a time limited (although no specific limit is given) service for the purpose of helping someone obtain competitive employment.
- It adds a new core service definition by splitting what had previously been supported employment into two definitions: individual and small group supported employment.
- It includes a new service definition for career planning that may be separate or rolled into the other employment related service definitions.
- FREE to ANCOR and ACCSES members
- Click here to register.
*NOTE: If youare an ANCOR member, you must log intoyour own account to receive the member price. If you do not have an account established, you may request one.