With over 20 state ABLE programs now open across the country, the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) would like to invite potential ABLE participants, their families, and all other ABLE stakeholders, to attend a free webinar on May 24, from 2:00-3:30 PM EST, focusing on understanding saving and investor choices.
Contributions to an ABLE account offer opportunity to grow over time, based on the savings or investment choices an account owner selects. This webinar will help you make more informed decisions to manage risk and select savings or investment choices that meet your short and/or long term goals to grow the funds in the account.
Moderated by Michael Morris, Executive Director of National Disability Institute, the webinar will feature presentations by:
- Thomas Stokes, FDIC Southeast Regional Manager for Community Affairs
- Gerri Walsh, Senior Vice President of Investor Education for FINRA, and President of the FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- Lori Schock, Director of the Office of Investor Education and Advocacy for the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
The webinar will answer questions such as:
- What is the difference between a checking account, a savings account and an investment account?
- What does it mean for a savings account to be FDIC insured?
- Why are there different fees associated with different investment funds?
- What does risk mean in terms of investment accounts?
- What factors should I take into consideration when choosing an investment option?
- How can I become a more educated and informed investor?
Please note: Real time captioning will be provided for this webinar. For other accommodation requests, questions about the webinar, or the registration process, please contact Christopher Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.